forest

forest

Monday, September 2, 2019

Week 3 - September 2019


Monday, September 2, 2019
I hope everyone is having a fun and relaxing long weekend!
Our schedule: I have our class schedule worked out for this week, but I still don’t feel our class is ready for centers. I will let you know soon when I will need parent volunteer help. Thanks for all of the interest some of you have already shown.
        We have our specials from 11:10 till 11:50 each day.
        Tuesday (9/3) – Music
        Wednesday (9/4) – P.E.
        Thursday (9/5) – Music
        Friday (9/6) – P.E.
Character Counts: Our character focus for September is Trustworthiness. We will be reading stories and having discussions about becoming Trustworthy and what that means.
MATH: This week in Math we are beginning our introduction to Multiplication! I know it seems counter intuitive to begin the year with such a new and, often, difficult area of math. There is a method to our madness. We begin very slowly and build on students’ knowledge. Then we review the multiplication facts all year. In this way, my third graders often go into 4th grade with a solid knowledge of all multiplication facts. HOMEWORK ON TUESDAY AND THURSDAY.
WRITING: During the first quarter of Third Grade we will be working on Personal Narratives. I love seeing my students grow as writers!
READING: In our Reading this week, we are working on Characters and Character Traits. We will look at different authors and stories to see how different characters are described. NO ADDITIONAL HOMEWORK, JUST THE READING CALENDAR THIS WEEK.